Monday, 11 January 2016

Embellished :: Golden Globes 2016 dresses

It's awards season again! And that means gawping at all the fabulous frocks on the red carpet. Many of the dresses at this years Golden Globes went for details such as cut outs or pleats. There were a couple of fully sequinned stunners worn by Julianne Moore and Olivia Wilde but the ones I've selected below are those with embellished details rather than full on sparkle. 


1. Jennifer Lawrence :: this plain red dress just comes alive with the addition of a bit of bling in the form of this necklace by Chopard.
2. Jenna Dewan-Tatum :: the bodice of this Zuhair Murad Couture dress is quite densely embellished moving to a swirly arrangement on the full skirt. The dark blue dress and mix of dark blue and silver embellishment really bring the swirls to life. 
3. Leslie Mann :: embellishment around the waist and going onto the skirt such as this one by Monique Lhuillier was a bit of a theme I saw on this years dresses. This one had a flora and fauna design.
4. Calista Flockhart :: I think this was my favourite dress of the night. The colour is gorgeous and the embellishment on the bodice is just beautiful, designed by Andrew Gn.
5. Kate Bosworth :: I'm not sure I actually like this Dolce&Gabbana creation but you can't deny it's embellished. Elle described it "Malibu sequin mermaid barbie".
6. Amy Adams :: the colour of this Atelier Versace dress is a real head turner but for me this dress is finished off perfectly with beautiful beading around the waist and down the left hand side.
7. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley :: this Atelier Versace gown was another one where the detail of the embellishment was in the skirt. 
8. Natalie Dormer :: I saw this on more than one 'worst dressed' list but the black embellished panel creates a quite unusual neckline on this J. Mendel dress
9. Portia Doubleday :: another dress I saw on the 'worst dressed' lists. I'm not sure if it is actually beaded, it looks it, and reminds me of bead weaving. The dress is by Naeem Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment