Saturday, 17 October 2015

Update :: Back to blogging

At the start of the year I set myself a challenge/New Years resolution to get better at the crafts I already practice.

For my first craft of the month I did try some new techniques, stitches and projects. Whereas for my second craft of the month I struggled. This was partly down to April being a busier than expected month at my day job meaning I worked a couple of Saturday's which significantly ate into my crafting/blogging time. But what I also found was I just couldn't find any new projects for my designated craft (bead weaving) that excited me.

What I also learned that forcing myself to do a particular project at a particular time just doesn't work for me and I lost my blogging mojo because of the expectation I'd put on myself. I also lost interest in Instagram and in Pinterest (yes it is possible).

I already knew that I'm not a big fan of New Year resolutions, again because of the somewhat forced nature of them. I prefer to set those challenges at a time that feels right such as learning to drive or buying a house - which coincidentally both happened at about this point in the year.

I haven't stopped crafting over the past 5 months, just blogging about them. But after visiting the Handmade Fair last month (blog post to come) and attending a great super theatre talk about craft photography, I'm now inspired to blog about my projects again. So coming up over the next few weeks will be projects that I've worked on during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment