Thursday, 19 March 2015

Review :: Cross stitch brooch free gift

When I saw what the free gift was for Mollie Makes 51 I was very excited. I'd see similar kits on the internet and had thought about buying.

I opened it up the same day the magazine arrived in the post (normally the kits sit on my craft table for a few days/weeks) and immediately started stitching (whilst watching the Sewing Bee). I didn't want to follow any of the suggested patterns and wanted a colour palette that was more me. So I headed to my stash of threads and embroidery floss and picked out some colours.

I started by stitching the middle section in dark blue and then experimented with the different shapes I could make either side of it.

I'm very happy with the finished piece - I just need to add the brooch back and it's ready to start wearing.



Below you can see a couple of examples of designs suggested by the magazine.





No comments:

Post a Comment