Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Review :: Embroidered bear free kit

It's been a while since I posted a review of a free kit. For Mollie Makes 49, although I loved the idea of providing additional project ideas you could make with your free kit, I ended up taking the hexagon templates and floral fabric and started making myself some hexie patchwork. That is still very much a work in progress - maybe I'll celebrate finishing the patchwork by finally reviewing the kit.

Anyway onwards to Mollie Makes 50 which was an adorable bear with an embroidered tummy.
I actually really enjoyed stitching this kit and improving my embroidery skills. It was a shame that on the basked the printed detail came through a bit too much - I perhaps should have used an additional floss to give it a bit more body but I was following the instructions.

Here's my finished bear ...


And here's his tummy ...

You can see the cream fabric showing through :-(

As with some other free kits such as this one, I struggle to know what to do with the finished make. I may end up just using him as a pin cushion.

Oh, by the way this is what he should have looked like - pretty similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment