Monday, 23 February 2015

Embellished :: Oscar frocks

Back in January I posted a roundup of my favourite frocks from the Golden Globes because I LOVE a good red carpet. And as it was Oscar night last night I thought I'd share my favourites, but much like the films nominated this year I wasn't wowed by the selection on show...

Even so I've found 7 of my favourite embellished frocks and a couple of statement necklaces.



1. Julianne Moore in Chanel
In my opinion this would have been a much better frock without the floral motif repeated at the hips and at the bottom of the gown.
2. Cate Blanchett in a Tiffany & Co necklace
Cate can do no wrong in the style stakes and wore my all time favourite Oscar dress, this time it was her statement necklace that stole the show.
3. Felicity Jones in Alexander McQueen
One of the few very embellished gowns on show, this mixes different panels of beading.
4. Rosamund Pike in Givenchy
This gown is embroidered rather than beaded but still looks amazing - check out the full length view for the cut out effect on show as well.
5. Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab
Although there is beading on the top of the skirt too, most of it was on the bodice.
6. Scarlett Johansson in Versace dress (necklace not credited)
I've seen this outfit on a couple of worst dressed lists, while the dress is quite plain I love the statement necklace and the colour. 
7. Lupita Nyong'o in Calvin Klein
The most embellished frock on the red carpet, the pearl beaded detail was amazing but all I can think about is how heavy all that beading must have been!
8. Emma Stone in Elie Saab
So different to the other dresses on show last night the pattern of embellishment is quite simple but very effective.
9. Jennifer Aniston in Versace
Also spotted on a couple of worst dressed lists - I really can't understand why - I love the beaded detail, especially that the effect is created without using solid beading across the whole gown.

Well done to Julianne and Emma for making both of Embellished Elephant's favourite frocks round ups!

Which red carpet frocks that caught your eye?

All photos are from Just Jared and links to the originals can be found on my Embellished board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment