Sunday, 21 December 2014

Tutorial :: Cardboard Christmas Trees

I don't know about you but because I ordered quite a few pressies off the internet I have a bit of a surplus of cardboard around the house at the moment. So this was designed to used some of that up. Here's how I made them ...

Materials:
  • Cardboard
  • Pencil 
  • Ruler 
  • Scissors
First of all I created myself a template - I used an old cereal packet and cut this out.


Next step was to draw round this onto my cardboard - I made sure that I used cardboard that was free of labels, although you could just decorate over these if that's all the cardboard you have.


Once I'd cut out two shapes I measured about halfway up one tree and halfway down the other. The slit I cut was about the width of the cardboard, don't cut it too wide otherwise your tree will be wobbly. 

And here are my finished trees ...




No comments:

Post a Comment