Saturday, 27 September 2014

Elephants :: Greetings cards

Several of my friends have recently had babies. Looking for cards to send to them, I was struck by how many 'new baby' cards have elephants on them. But it seems that elephants aren't just limited to 'new baby' cards. This month's round up of elephants in craft are are elephant greetings cards.


1. The simple colours and design make this design really stand out (this designer also has a great wooden elephant brooch)
2. This is a cut out design which the elephant shape is perfect for
3. The contrasting fabric and stitching on this card make this design stand out
4. I love the combination of pinks and blues in this design
5. Of the different cut out designs I found I liked the elephant shape and the patterned background in this card
6. This is a great combination of valentines day and elephants
7. Back in my childhood, quilling was one of the crafts I dabbled in. This quilled design made me smile when I saw it and has a different sentiment to a lot of the other cards
8. I picked this one as it used a totally different colour palette to most of the elephant greetings cards I saw
9. This design represents probably the most common design I saw for elephant themed baby cards on Pinterest - a line of simply shaped elephants

This is just a selection of the great designs I found. For more images of elephant greetings cards visit my Elephants board on Pinterest.

All links above are to Pinterest as a number of the items pictured are no longer available at their original link.

No comments:

Post a Comment