Thursday, 14 August 2014

Finished make :: Lilou dress

My current sewing project is another pattern from Love At First Stitch - this time the Lilou dress.

This is still a bit of work in progress sewing the lining on the bodice. For this pattern I had to make some adaptations for the shoulder to underam length (I'm getting used to this now) this resulted in the scooped back being slightly more scooped than I would like but it still covers my bra so I figure it's OK.

I also had to go with one of the variations covered in the book because I didn't have quite enough fabric to make the proper Lilou pattern with the pleated skirt.

I just need to finish it before the weather takes a turn (although I could wear it with a turtle neck underneath in the winter ...)

The fabric once again is from John Lewis (I had a load of vouchers).


Whilst the lining was some crepe fabric I had in my stash - I had juuuuuust enough to make a lining.


Which is why I had to add a strip of the main fabric to cover the join between the lining and the skirt.


So this is where I've got to in my sewing adventure - any suggestions to what I should try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment