Sunday, 17 August 2014

Inspiration :: Finnish design

If you follow me on Pinterest you would have possibly guessed what my Finnish design inspiration is...
I'm in Helsinki on the first stop of my holiday that will take in Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - I'm not the kind of person who goes on holiday to lie on a beach.

Anyway, I hope to see some things on my trip that will inspire me. On my only previous visit to Helsinki I 'discovered' Marimekko. Discovered in the sense it was new to me, but obviously it's been around for ages.

So here are some of their designs that caught my eye on Pinterest when I searched for 'Marimekko' -don't you just love the bold colours and patterns?


2. Taapeli design, repinned from Marimekko's own Pinterest boards
3. Blue dotty design (can't find the name for this) again taken from Marimekko's Pinterest boards
4. Bright line drawn florals no name attributed, but from Marimekko's Pinterest boards
5. Melooni, repinned from Marimekko's Pinterest boards
6. Classic Unikko poppy I even saw a lady walking round Helsinki wearing a jacket with this print
7. Another variation on the Unikko poppy, I just love the calm colours. Have a look at the 50 years of Unikko pages to see loads of other variations
8. Kultakero love the hills, the trees and the colours in this design
9. Lakia again repinned from Marimekko's boards, this reminds me a bit of some of the lovely Africa textiles I see out and about in and around Peckham

No comments:

Post a Comment