Sunday, 6 July 2014

Review :: Anchor purse free gift

This month's free gift with Mollie Makes magazine was a little drawstring bag with an embroidered anchor design on it.


After my free gift hack last month and deciding I wouldn't really make use of a draw string bag with an anchor on, I decided to do another hack, this time just using the materials provided. 

My embroidered design was inspired by a blog post from the Purl Bee, specifically the brightly coloured geometric shapes.


I started by measuring and drawing out the grid which I was going to stitch and then I just free-styled it from there in terms of what colours and what shapes would be stitched where. The only 'rule' I gave myself in the design was to not have the same colours touching on a vertical or horizontal line.


I like the concept but some of my stitching hasn't come out flat (although I haven't yet tried pressing it to see if that would cure it). I love the colour combinations and these wouldn't have been four colours I would have put together.

Did you make your free gift as it was intended or did you do something a bit different like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment