Sunday, 29 June 2014

Inspiration :: Hema

Earlier this year I went to Brussels and Bruges for a few days. Even in the grey of February Bruges has some pretty bits ...




If you want to find out more about Bruges have a read of the Rough Guide website.

Anyway, trying to find somewhere reasonably priced and off the tourist trail to have lunch we popped in to a Hema store which had a cafe upstairs. After helping of pea and ham soup (for him) and a ham and mozzarella sandwich (for me) we browsed the shop. I could have bought so much but knew I wouldn't have the luggage space - although we did manage to find space for 24 bottles of Belgian beer ...

So I was quite excited when I heard that Hema were opening their first UK store, and it was relatively near to where I live.

Like Tiger (of which I'm a big fan), Hema has been labelled a 'posh pound shop'. Not that things are a pound, but they are reasonably priced. What both shops have in common is a bit of European style often combining clean designs and bold colours.

So after my trip to Tate Britain, I walked to Victoria station (where Hema is located) via here ...


And here ...

The Hema store isn't large but it does have a number of enticing products. This is what I came away with ...


1 kilo of printed paper, 1 kilo of printed card, some washi style tape, some tags and a package including some ribbons, bows and flowers. There will be an upcoming project using the paper & card so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment